I do so love January. I love fresh starts and making plans and taking on new challenges. And when it comes to 2013, I’m especially excited. 2012 might have been a banner year for me, but there’s always room for new goals, right? And this year I get to tackle those goals with a little sidekick who brings a whole new feeling of purpose to life.
I fell a little short on some of my 2012 goals (I’m especially embarrassed to have failed so spectacularly in my grand plans to plant a vegetable garden and paint the house), but that’s okay. Goals should be a challenge (but an achievable challenge). In that spirit, here are my goals for 2013. I’m sticking with the same format of setting categories, but including a few small goals in each category instead of one big goal for each.
1. Keep up a M, W, F posting schedule consistently all year – no blog breaks.
2. Stay informed about current events in the literary world, and post about them.
3. Shoot a new header that reflects the spirit of the blog.
1. Get the rest of the house painted (even if I have to hire professionals to do it).
2. Hang curtains!
3. Plant an herb garden, and don’t kill it this time.
1. Get back into road racing.
2. Get into a regular yoga practice.
3. Join Stroller Strides and attend regularly.
1. Really, really read more books I already own. I mean it this time.
2. Read at least one classic every month.
3. Explore more non-fiction.
1. Seek out ways to be a better wife and mother, and practice them.
2. Practice gratitude even when life gets challenging.
3. Love my little Peanut wildly.
What are your goals for 2013?