Last year I took a leaf out of my pen pal Katie‘s book and came up with a list of 31 things to do before I turned 32. I didn’t hit all of them, but I gave it my all and had a great time chasing after the big and small goals I set for myself. So I’m gearing up for another effort this year and trying to set myself a list of things to do this year. Updates to come periodically, but for now, here’s the list:
1. First, a BIG one: Visit my BFF in Germany next summer (and maybe tack a week in Austria on there too). I know this will be a challenge to pull off with a toddler, but we really want to try. Hubby, R and I are all super excited.
2. Write my grandmother at least once a month (I don’t expect replies, just want her to receive letters from me).
3. Visit Frank Lloyd Wright’s Greycliff.
4. Run the 2013 Buffalo-Niagara YMCA Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day.
5. Read and blog about 20 classic books for The Classics Club.
6. Make refrigerator jam.
7. Re-read Laura Ingalls Wilder’s Little House series.
8. Join a group at church.
9. Road-trip to Ithaca for a weekend.
10. Knit a dress for Peanut.
11. Learn to play three new piano pieces.
12. Go to see Shakespeare performed in Delaware Park.
13. Have a date night with hubby at Rue Franklin.
14. Knit through 1/4 of my yarn stash.
15. Write a guest blog (anyone interested?).
16. Take Peanut for a bike ride in one of those hilarious trailers.
17. Finish Level I of the Rosetta Stone French course.
18. Spend a few days (a week if I can swing it) with my high school BFF and our kids.
19. Knit a lace beret.
20. Go to a Sabres game! (Ideally, I’d also like them to win. C’mon guys, for me?)
21. Overcome my fear of baking bread – a holdover from last year.
22. Get in the habit of better skin care – another holdover from last year.
23. Volunteer with Literacy New York – Buffalo-Niagara.
24. Knit a cozy shawl for my grandmama.
25. Go see a movie in the theater.
26. Read South Riding, by Winifred Holtby.
27. Buy a Sabres hockey jersey for Peanut. (She already has a Cornell jersey.)
28. Learn the Tunisian crochet stitch and make myself a scarf.
29. Do some charity knitting. I’m thinking hats for preemies?
30. Read a book by Umberto Eco.
31. Try out five new hikes in WNY.
32. Another BIG one: buy a house.