(That was last summer, in Alexandria. Sigh!)
It’s fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally summer! Took long enough to get here, and even longer to actually feel like summer. Okay, we still have some chilly days, but I’m done waiting and ready to get my summer started. Since we had to slog through such a hard winter, I have a lot of dreams and plans and fun to fit in during these warmer months, before the cold fronts return. Here’s what I’m thinking for the season:
- Run my third 13.1 – the Fifty Yard Finish Half Marathon in Orchard Park.
- Attend the wedding of one of hubby’s oldest friends on July 4th.
- Visit Frank Lloyd Wright’s Graycliff.
- At least one day at my parents’ lake house.
- Climb our first two (more if we can make it happen!) Adirondack high peaks.
- Attend the Roycroft Fine Arts Festival.
- Hike Letchworth State Park.
- Attend Taste of Buffalo!
- Start teaching Peanut to swim.
- Summer hike at Tifft Nature Preserve (we’ve already seen it in the winter and spring).
- Visit a few more Niagara wineries.
- Host Peanut’s second birthday party! (Where has the time gone?)
- Marathon training.
- Spend an evening stargazing with hubby.
- Go to Shakespeare in the Park (I’d love to see Henry V, but I think by the time we make it there that one might have wrapped up… but The Comedy of Errors is up next and I’ve never seen that either, so really, I’m good either way).
- Take Peanut to the Japanese Garden in Delaware Park.
- Read Moby-Dick.
- Hike at Knox Farm again, because once was not enough!
What do you have on your summer agenda?