Fall! My favorite season! I love pretty much everything about fall. Although I can’t get enough summer heat – it’s true – I also love the cooler days, the bright blue skies and flaming colored leaves, the crisp evenings, the excuse to sip cocoa and watch the stars with a warm blanket wrapped around my shoulders and Steve next to me… I love that fall includes my birthday, Halloween and Thanksgiving, and that it’s the long lead-in to the Christmas season. I love apples, pumpkin spice lattes, warm socks, and the return of hockey season. (I do not love the cold rains, or the return of football season. But even in the fall, one cannot have everything.) And even though fall is half over now, I’m still going to muster up a to-do list. Indulge me?
- Take the kids apple and pumpkin picking.
- Visit my brother and sister-in-law in Colorado.
- Drink hot cider from Main Street Coffee Roastery.
- Host family and friends for Nugget’s baptism.
- Read some Sarah Vowell.
- Bake pear-almond bread.
- Have a zoo playdate with friends.
- Take Peanut trick-or-treating (for real!) for the first time EVER.
- Re-read Anne of the Island or Emily of New Moon (or both!).
- Finish our our year of hiking in a different place every month and take our last seasonal walk through Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve.
Not a bad list, right? I think it’s totally achievable, and if I get even half of these things done it’ll be a happy fall season indeed. What’s on your fall to-do list?