Happy St. Patrick’s Day, and happy spring to all! It’s definitely in the air. I always have mixed feelings about spring – as Kelly from Sorta Awesome says, it’s my fourth favorite season. I adore the exuberant bursting into bloom, and the return of warmer weather, and the promise of summer just ahead. I could, however, do without the allergies and the mud. But we take the good with the bad and the bad with the good, so in that spirit, here’s my list of spring things to do:
- Take the kids to see the cherry blossoms in bloom by the Potomac.
- Plant a container garden with Peanut. (I want to grow tomatoes, herbs and salad greens. She wants to grow roses. We’ll probably grow both.)
- Get our back patio set up and start grilling and eating outdoors regularly.
- Re-read Anne of Green Gables (my beautiful new Folio Society edition!).
- Take at least one adults-only hike – either the Billy Goat Trail in Maryland, or possibly an Adirondack hike?
- Spring cleaning! Get the house in order and feeling fresh.
- Do another Whole 30 (I’ve already started this).
- Go rock-climbing.
- Finally unpack and organize my books.
- Take a weekend getaway somewhere – Chincoteague, maybe? Or Annapolis? Or Little Washington again?
What’s on your spring agenda?