Summerrrrrrrrrr! I wait all year for this season. Bring on the heat, bring on the humidity, bring on summer thunderstorms and campfires and late sunsets and lemonade and (vegan) s’mores and tie-dye day at summer camp and lightening bugs (fireflies, lampyridae…) and sand-between-the-toes and splashing in the pool and paddling the Potomac and Belmont Bay and… I could go on. I love basically everything about summer, and last year’s weather was such a bust that I’m determined this year will make up for it. It has to. I want to do everything, of course, but I’m holding myself to ten things and here they are:
- The BIG one: spend five days on a kayaking eco-tour around the San Juan Islands off the coast of Washington State. I can’t wait!
- The other BIG one: take a family vacation to a new-to-us spot on the Outer Banks.
- Build up my running base, and sign up for a fall 5K.
- Take the family to a Washington Nationals game. #natitude
- Make mini pizzas on the grill.
- Read from my own shelves.
- Celebrate Litha by candlelight in the garden.
- Go back to Shenandoah National Park and hike a new trail.
- Make homemade popsicles. (This is basically mandatory if you’ve seen Nugget’s popsicle dance.)
- Help Peanut host her girlfriends for a “reading party” in a neighborhood park.
I could think of so many more, but the above should make a good start toward a pretty epic summer, don’t you think? Now, pass me a vegan s’more.
What’s on your summer to-do list?