Ever since we officially decided to move to Buffalo, I’ve been working on a list of things to do once we get there. Some are things that we’ve done before (since we’ve been visiting my in-laws in the area for the past ten years, and hubby lived there before that), and others are new ideas that I’ve come across in reading Visit Buffalo Niagara or surfing various Buffalo blogs. I’m going to keep track of our progress via the new Buffalo tab at the top of my blog, so feel free to follow along as we explore Buffalo and the surrounding region.
In the City
1. Cheer on the Sabres at First Niagara Center – as often as possible!
2. Run the Buffalo-Niagara YMCA Turkey Trot (again; I ran with my sis-in-law back in 2011).
3. Attend Shakespeare in the Park (again; hubby and I did this many moons ago when he lived in Buffalo).
4. Climb at Silo City Rocks.
5. Attend Holiday Pops and classical music concerts at Kleinhans.
6. Have dinner at Rue Franklin (again – yum).
7. Volunteer with Literacy New York – Buffalo-Niagara.
8. Join a moms’ group in my neighborhood.
9. Take Peanut to the Buffalo Zoo and the Explore & More Children’s Museum.
10. Kayak Canalside.
11. Attend First Fridays and the Allentown Art Festival.
12. Visit the Albright-Knox Museum (again).
13. Explore the Erie Canalway and the Scajacquada bike routes.
14. Check out the Olmstead park system.
15. Attend the Taste of Buffalo food festival (next summer, since 2013 has already happened).
1. Take hubby to Aurora Brew Works for a belated anniversary celebration.
2. Tour every Frank Lloyd Wright-designed house in the greater Buffalo region.
3. Take Peanut swimming in Lake Erie.
4. Visit every winery on the Niagara Wine Trail.
5. Have a playdate with a friend who lives in the ‘burbs.
6. Bike to Akron, NY.
7. Niagara Falls, obviously.
8. Work our way through the “50 Hikes in Western New York” book.
9. Visit the Roycroft campus.
10. Go snowshoeing!
1. Make another trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto.
2. Spend a weekend in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
3. Become Adirondack 46′ers.
4. Take Peanut to visit Cornell, her future alma mater.
5. Road-trip through the Eastern provinces of Canada.